Thursday, February 11, 2010

What should I do if i get pain in my left hip after doing front splits and why do i get pain?

I have been trying to splits for some time and i whenever i start going deep into the front split i get pain in the side of my legs and sometimes down my knees. I even warm up before i split, but this is only my left side not my right. And if anyone can give me advice on how to get down the extra couple of inches in the splits that would be greatly appreciated.What should I do if i get pain in my left hip after doing front splits and why do i get pain?
You NEED to be stretching. The feeling you're describing is muscle strain. You are lengthening a lot of muscles when you do the splits and it is important to get them stretched and 'warmed up' before you do the splits.





If you stretch for 20 minutes everyday you should see progress in your splits in a few short weeks. Make sure when your doing your splits push as far as you can go WITHOUT any major pain and when you get to that spot hold it for a few seconds. After that, don't snap your legs back. Slowly come out of the splits, as this will be way easier on your muscles.What should I do if i get pain in my left hip after doing front splits and why do i get pain?
It sounds like your back/spine may have moved, so a visit to the chiropractor won't go astray.





As for completing the splits, I can't help you, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment