Thursday, February 11, 2010

Could I train my body to do the splits at 44?

I'm fairly supple and not overweight and would like to be able to do the splits, not to mention handstands and cartwheels. Is this possible at 44?Could I train my body to do the splits at 44?
Interesting question I would think you can.If I might suggest ask a sports trainer they work with people everyday in sports and fitness.There is one at this site who answers questions like yours I would ask them since they are professionals.Good luck.


http://athletictraining.forumsfourfree.c鈥?/a>Could I train my body to do the splits at 44?
Sure it is!!!





It could take more time that of what it takes a 5 years old, but it can be done, specially if you are supple and fit.





You will have to work on your elasticity and strenght, and technique in order to be able to do all you want, but you will achieve your goal if you stick to a good training routine.


A good gym monitor would be advisable as they know the proper technique to do the exercises and what needs to be strong and how to gain the necessary flexibility.





It is more a matter of natural ability and training than of years.


44 is not old, just ask someone who is in his mid seventies or eighties!
It sure is. It'll take awhile longer than if you were a teenager, but it's very doable.
O.k....I'm 42 and would never attempt this myself. But, I would take it slow in stretching the muscles to get there. It hurts longer at our age! You go girl!
Yes. But its going to take a good few years!





You need a good yoga class, Ashtanga or Iyengar. Splits and handstands form some of the asanas so you get taught how to work into them.





I'm in my 30s, I can now do the splits, but I'm a good year or so off an unsupported handstand (balance is okay, by ab muscles are rubbish!)
You should try taking an adult gymnastics class. They will start you out with the basics and you can progress. Gymnastics is great for strength building and flexibility.
Of course! Just be careful and take your cartwheels smooth. Doing a lot of hamstring stretches should help you too!





Good luck!
I always wanted to be able to do the splits but gave up. I am a little younger than you but I don't think age should really be too much of a barrier, (unless you were about 90 then I would advise caution). Anyway I then got a keep fit instructor who seemed quite evil, always pushing me, (I didn't appreciate it much). A load of new people came to our class, (very fit people), and the workout was truely sadistic but she had taught me well and I kept up. They were all a lot younger than me and were really having trouble. Anyway towards the end of the sesion she said and now we will all do the splits. I said I couldn't and she said she had taught me and got me to a point where I could, and I did. You just need the right exercises and someone or something to spur you on. It's definitely possible.
Yes it is.





You might want to look for a DVD called





';Tom Kurz's Secrets of Stretching - Exercises for the Lower Body';





He'll teach you how to do it!





I hope this helps.
NOW I THINK SOMEONE REALLY DOES THINK THEY ARE GETTING YOUNGER WHEN THEY NOT
yes you can do it just practice every day good luck
Definitely, take it slow and if you are doing it on your own keep a phone in your pocket just in case you get stuck. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment