Thursday, February 11, 2010

How long will it take me to do the splits?

I've been stretching and stretching but it doesn't seem like I'm improving! Can someone give me a ball-park time-line so I don't feel like I'm never gonna reach me goal.How long will it take me to do the splits?
I got them in a summer. I would go jogging every night and then come home and do crunches, splits and kicks. I got them shortly before the beginning of drill team camp. Do NOT let anyone push you down too far or push you quickly because it can damage your muscles permanently. Shortly after I got my splits we were performing at a football game and it was cold, and when it came time to do my splits I hurt something around my hamstring area and had to sit out of things like that for a long time. Sometimes it still hurts and I never really got them back. My mother hurt herself because she went down too quickly as a teenager and actually tore her muscles. So don't let your eagerness damage your future in dance.


Standing in a doorframe with your heel against the frame, you can lift your other leg up and slowly walk your hands back until you feel a stretch. Hold that for about four eight counts and then do the other leg. Make sure and do that when you are really warm.


Other than that...make sure you do this daily!How long will it take me to do the splits?
are you doing the right stretches? cos i do these stretches that are supposed to help you be able to do the splits every day for a few months and now i can go like 4 inches lower!


its kind of hard to explain but one is like a lunge, then you slide your knee down to the floor and push your other thigh as close to the floor as you can, then you do a back bend, then you sit down with one leg out to the side and lean over it, then you do the splits, then you do it all again on the other leg.


that wasnt great explaining was it...


x
If you strech properly... it shouldn't take long.


Wear Comfortable clothing.. Warm up and stretch before you do the split stretches. Or it can cause injury. Go into the split position as far as you can go without having unbearable pain for about thirty seconds. Then switch to the other leg. Your dominate side will be able to go farther. Repeat that over and over until you feel like your legs will fall off and you'll get it down in no time. Don't over-strech and go too far.. it'll improve nothing.
It depends on your body type. For some people it comes easier, I almost got the full splits in a week but I (and everyone) lose flexibility fast so if you think you're stretching enough then all I can say is continue, stretching should be somewhat painful, look up some helpful videos on youtube.
There really is no time line. It really does depend on your body. In my experience there were girls that took over a year to get their splits while others took a couple of weeks. I myself am naturally flexible and it took me about a month to be able to fully split without it being painful. But again everyone is different. You have to make sure you are doing the stretches right and that you're doing the right ones too. Make sure to not overstretch or stretch incorrectly either because you can pull a muscle. And trust me that is the MOST painful thing that can ever happen to you!
It depends on how your stretching. If you stretch out your body often in time it will get used to it. So you need to add a little more, i guess, pressure til you feel a burn. It will take time but eventually you'll get where you want to be.
Everyone is different ...


to help try doing gravity splits... lay on your back with your legs up in the air and but up against a wall. Spread out your legs (like you are doing the middle splits) and have someone press on your legs or press them down your self.
have someone crack u.


u have togo as far as u can an somebdy have to push u down hard then u will b able to do the splits bt ur thighs will hurt for a couple of days


they do it to the cheerleaders if they cnt do the splits


DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment