Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can you learn to do the splits in under 4 months?

I need to learn do to the splits before this september. Im in dance and im very serious about it. In my old academy you are considered a much better dancer if you can do the splits. Im trying out for a very good academy in september and i want to have mastered the splits.


If any of you have good techniques or exercises that helped you out please share. I am under a very tight deadline.


Thanks for all the help :DHow can you learn to do the splits in under 4 months?
I can do the splits but I am starting over splits. But the techniques I use now are really similar to those of which I used to get down in my splits.





1. Practice going down in your splits for 5 min a time, then come out have a rest for 5 min go back in. you could do that while watching t.v.





2. if you have stairs at home. put one leg on the stairs and do the splits that way





3. get some one to hold your leg up while you are against a wall and get them to bring it up as far as it can go or a little bit farther.





Hope fully this helps. I really don't know how low you are in your splits though but hopefully I have helped.How can you learn to do the splits in under 4 months?
You can work your way into the splits in two weeks if necessary! I once had to when I was trying out for a dance squad. Just stretch for 15 minutes at least 5 times a day... And really challenge yourself, don't hold back... It'll hurt a bit but it'll work. I'm sure that if you're a dancer you already know as much as I do about stretching... Just do your basic stretches and maybe start doing some advanced yoga several times a week to keep yourself in top condition and nicely balanced. Remember, don't hurt yourself, but you will have to take yourself beyond the boundaries that you've previously observed...





Good luck! (I know that you can easily do it)
Option 1: stretch every night for 30 days and you should be able to do it, this could be lots of different types of stretches.





Option 2: Get into a splits position and push down a little bit so it just hurts a little bit. Do this everyday for around 2 weeks pushing down a little bit more each time and by then you should be able to do the splits





Option 3: Get into the position and get someone to push you down/sit on you. I do no recommend this option because it is very painful and you could pull a muscle or hurt yourself.





Option 4: Put your legs/feet on two blocks in a splits position so you are suspended in air. If you don't feel like it is working hold some weights or bricks to lower your self down.





Hope I helped
it shouldnt take longer than a month...


you can try by doing the splits ( as far as you can go )


against a wall.. and than push yourself further...


its betteer to do stretches everyday..


for half an hour approx...


maybe take a day of from stretches every week.. to help ease the muscles...


but i think you should be able to do it :)
you need to stretch those specific muscles EVERY night for a while. Also practice doing the splits themselves everynight, and sooner or later, with the help of stretching, you will notice your slowly coming closer and closer to the ground!!!
My Niece had the same problem and her teacher told her to do wall stretches you go wall put your butt up against the wall with your legs up like an L and then stay close to the wall as you start to stretch out your legs apart and the more you do it your leg get farther and farther apart I hope you get what im saying cause they do work
For humans, very carefully. For giraffes, don't even think about it.
practice, practice, and more practice
Just STRETCH like ccrraazzyy. I'm trying to do the same thing and have come very close in about 3 weeks. Just dont pull any muscles!


-Shanna
stretch for at least 30 minutes a day

No comments:

Post a Comment