Thursday, February 11, 2010

When you split from your partner is it best to get rid of all memories or keep some?

Talking about marriage photos etc.If i take them down that will really be it over.When you split from your partner is it best to get rid of all memories or keep some?
Best to get rid,in my opinion.I did...


Turn a new page...it's the best way ;o)When you split from your partner is it best to get rid of all memories or keep some?
Personally if there was children involved, I'd keep some. Its part of their history too, and getting rid of it all might seem like you wish it (they) never happened.


For just yourself, it depends.


Again I would keep some, but no longer leave them on display - that's like trying to pretend it never happened, and isn't healthy. But after a time when the hurting lessens, you may want to look back at them, even if just to see how YOU were then.


If and when you move onto a new relationship, you may want to part with them as a symbol of moving onto a new phase of your life - or not.
It depends on how you feel about it. There's no right or wrong way to do it. I kept all my photos after the divorce - it is a part of my life story, and I'm not gonna go re-writing it every time a relationship doesn't work out. But if you feel it is therapeutic for you to get rid of the old stuff and start anew - no one says you can't.
I think it's okay to keep some photos and stuff for awhile, the issue is when you get into another relationship.. I doubt the new person is going to want your old wedding photos hanging on the wall, or in your ';Family album'; either. I guess it just depends on how important they are to you and how much your new partner doesn't want them around.
taking down the pictures is ok but don't destroy them or throw them out later you feelings will ease a bit and years to come you will have them for your children if you have children together if not then sure take them down until your ready to throw them out
Personally I find it easier to get rid of everything. Mind you I kept some jewellery from him, but I haven鈥檛 seen it since we broke up 5 years ago.
Keep all the memories that you want in a box. Take them down, it is over.
i have tried it both ways and neither is good so it is what you feel is best

No comments:

Post a Comment