Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to do a cartwheel and splits?

I want to learn a cartwheel so badly! I also want to learn the front and side splits! But I don't know how to start and how long to practise. My front split can touch the ground but it's quite painful. I also know my front split isn't correct. I can't even do a side split. Anyone can teach me how to do or go to which websites to learn? Thank you very much!How to do a cartwheel and splits?
You need to be in the gymnastics site; not the martial art one!How to do a cartwheel and splits?
First off... websites will not help you. It has to be you. I was wondering what you meant by side and front splits... straddle is the most difficult and the only one i have trouble with. I can do both my right and left splits all the way to the ground. The best way to start is by doing several stretches. You may want to do the butterfly stretch and i know that stretching out my calves and hips always helps me. Finally it's just a matter of sliding into them. Don't go farther down than your body will let you. It can definitely hurt you. Really it's a matter of doing them everyday.


For the cartwheel start with whatever leg you write with pointed in front of you. Then lift it off the ground step forward hard and (in my case right) put your right hand down and kick over. it should be a 1,2,3,4 rhythm. Right foot, right hand, left foot, left hand
i guess u just have to practise. I could do my splits quickly and cartwheels were taught to me during gym class. But here's a website:





http://www.ehow.com/how_2002790_do-splits.html?ref=fuel%26amp;utm_source=yahoo%26amp;utm_medium=ssp%26amp;utm_campaign=yssp_art





tell me if it helps
look it up on youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment